Mother nets global Coke Olympics task
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 December 2009 07:00AM
LONDON - Mother has landed a global advertising brief to promote Coca-Cola's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics.
The agency, which secured the business without a pitch, will produce communications promoting Coke’s tier-one sponsor status using its open happiness positioning.
The through-the-line campaign will be run out of Mother London, with its agencies in Buenos Aires and New York adding creative input.
Mother’s appointment marks an effort by Coke to unify the Olympic marketing activity in the host country and the sponsorship advertising it runs in global markets.
While the majority of the work will break in 2012, Mother is planning to build awareness of Coke’s sponsorship through new media channels such as social networks in the nearer future.
Jonathan Mildenhall, the vice-president of global ad strategy and creative excellence at Coke, said: People are passionate about the Olympics and that gives us a chance to connect with them on a personal, emotional level.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager / Executive - Temporary Freelance Adam Recruitment £100 - £150 per day + doe, Manchester
- Senior Production Manager/ Production Director Premier Media £45,000 - £60,000, London
- Mid-Senior Planner | £50-70K Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £70000 per annum + Excellent Package, City of London
- Mid Weight PM needed for Liverpool Street agency £32k Digital Gurus £32000 - £34000 per annum, London