Agencies line up for Bordeaux wine task
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 December 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - The Bordeaux Wine Council, the trade association that represents the region's wine growers, is on the hunt for a UK advertising agency.
The agencies selected to compete for the business will be invited to a pitch at its head office in Bordeaux, France in February. The process is being handled by Haystack.
The body, which has produced most of its campaigns in-house, is seeking an agency to help promote Bordeaux wines to a UK audience.
It is understood that the campaign will span print and outdoor channels and will seek to position the wine as a premium brand in a bid to stave off competition from the New World.
The search for an agency follows a number of marketing efforts by the association.
Bordeaux Wines recently sponsored a radio show on Jazz FM called Dinner Jazz With Bordeaux Wines. In September, it launched an on-pack promotion with LoveFilm.com, offering consumers free membership to the DVD rental company.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London