Agencies line up for Bordeaux wine task
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 03 December 2009 06:00AM
LONDON - The Bordeaux Wine Council, the trade association that represents the region's wine growers, is on the hunt for a UK advertising agency.
The agencies selected to compete for the business will be invited to a pitch at its head office in Bordeaux, France in February. The process is being handled by Haystack.
The body, which has produced most of its campaigns in-house, is seeking an agency to help promote Bordeaux wines to a UK audience.
It is understood that the campaign will span print and outdoor channels and will seek to position the wine as a premium brand in a bid to stave off competition from the New World.
The search for an agency follows a number of marketing efforts by the association.
Bordeaux Wines recently sponsored a radio show on Jazz FM called Dinner Jazz With Bordeaux Wines. In September, it launched an on-pack promotion with LoveFilm.com, offering consumers free membership to the DVD rental company.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Web Analyst - 2 Positions. RS Components Market Rate., London, Corby or Oxford
- Assistant Brand Manager - FMCG Jarlett de Grouchy £28000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, Croydon
- Digital Designer role in Berkshire - 25-35k Creative Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, Berkshire
- eCommerce PM Superstar - Urgent! GoodEgg Digital £450 per day, London or Watford
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity