The Week: Zenith wins £90m UK Reckitt in global consolidation
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 November 2009 12:00AM
ZenithOptimedia has landed the £90 million UK Reckitt Benckiser media planning and buying account as part of a global consolidation of the business.
Reckitt has consolidated its £800 million global business into Havas Media and Publicis Groupe, which were both incumbents in various markets around the world, after a pitch process that also involved Omnicom Media Group and WPP.
As a result, the UK media account will move out of Omnicom's OMD UK and into ZenithOptimedia. The Publicis-owned agency has also won the US media business.
The appointment covers media for 17 "powerbrands" including Finish, Dettol, Air Wick, Nurofen, Clearasil and Gaviscon, following a process that began in August.
Reckitt said the consolidation would bring "economies of scale, enhance media capabilities and ensure a fully integrated approach across brands".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account