The Week: Zenith wins £90m UK Reckitt in global consolidation
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 November 2009 12:00AM
ZenithOptimedia has landed the £90 million UK Reckitt Benckiser media planning and buying account as part of a global consolidation of the business.
Reckitt has consolidated its £800 million global business into Havas Media and Publicis Groupe, which were both incumbents in various markets around the world, after a pitch process that also involved Omnicom Media Group and WPP.
As a result, the UK media account will move out of Omnicom's OMD UK and into ZenithOptimedia. The Publicis-owned agency has also won the US media business.
The appointment covers media for 17 "powerbrands" including Finish, Dettol, Air Wick, Nurofen, Clearasil and Gaviscon, following a process that began in August.
Reckitt said the consolidation would bring "economies of scale, enhance media capabilities and ensure a fully integrated approach across brands".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London
- New Business Development Manager - Creative Agency - £15k to £20k OTE £30k to £35k Stonor £15k to£20k with OTE £30k - £35k, Northants
- Digital Project Manager Guru Careers £28 - 35k (DOE), Based in Farringdon, Central London (EC1)
- EXPERIENTIAL Junior or Senior Account Managers x 4, Account Director and Producers - perm/freelance Judi Patton £23K-£45K or freelance rates, London - all areas
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%