The Week: Zenith wins £90m UK Reckitt in global consolidation
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 27 November 2009 12:00AM
ZenithOptimedia has landed the £90 million UK Reckitt Benckiser media planning and buying account as part of a global consolidation of the business.
Reckitt has consolidated its £800 million global business into Havas Media and Publicis Groupe, which were both incumbents in various markets around the world, after a pitch process that also involved Omnicom Media Group and WPP.
As a result, the UK media account will move out of Omnicom's OMD UK and into ZenithOptimedia. The Publicis-owned agency has also won the US media business.
The appointment covers media for 17 "powerbrands" including Finish, Dettol, Air Wick, Nurofen, Clearasil and Gaviscon, following a process that began in August.
Reckitt said the consolidation would bring "economies of scale, enhance media capabilities and ensure a fully integrated approach across brands".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London