Harrods boss to give Aleksandr meerkat dolls to charity
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 08 December 2009 08:50AM
LONDON - Fans who reserved Aleksandr the meerkat dolls are to miss out after Harrods boss Mohammed Fayed vowed to give all the limited edition run to charity.
The London department store was set to be the exclusive outlet for 5,000 dolls of Aleksandr Orlov, star of VCCP's Comparethemarket.com campaign.
But after the store was deluged with requests to reserve the dolls, Fayed decided to come up with a new solution.
According to The Sun, kids charities including Great Ormond Street Hospital, the Rainbow Trust and hospices for sick children will now receive the dolls.
The dolls had been due to go on sale for £20 each.
Last month, Aleksandr interviewed Baywatch star David Hasselhoff in the first of a series of podcasts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight Designer 4 Multichannel-Experiential Agency Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Communications Manager - Insurance Network Career Consultants £45000 - £52000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager - Maternity Contract ADLIB £30000 - £35000 per annum, Wiltshire
- Project Manager Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, City of London