Harrods boss to give Aleksandr meerkat dolls to charity
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 08 December 2009 08:50AM
LONDON - Fans who reserved Aleksandr the meerkat dolls are to miss out after Harrods boss Mohammed Fayed vowed to give all the limited edition run to charity.
The London department store was set to be the exclusive outlet for 5,000 dolls of Aleksandr Orlov, star of VCCP's Comparethemarket.com campaign.
But after the store was deluged with requests to reserve the dolls, Fayed decided to come up with a new solution.
According to The Sun, kids charities including Great Ormond Street Hospital, the Rainbow Trust and hospices for sick children will now receive the dolls.
The dolls had been due to go on sale for £20 each.
Last month, Aleksandr interviewed Baywatch star David Hasselhoff in the first of a series of podcasts.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director B2B Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Online/Offline Marketing Executive Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum, Hemel Hempstead
- Sales and Marketing Administrator Brand Recruitment £22000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical Project Director, Global Agency, London £70-75K Source £70000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign