And in the real world... EasyJet, Debenhams, VW and more
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 December 2009 10:15AM
LONDON - Today's round-up of the biggest business stories.
Andy Harrison, the chief executive of easyJet, has resigned after a difficult year during which he fell out with Stelios Haji-Ioannou, the airline's founder, over strategy.
The directors of Debenhams earned big bonuses last year - despite cutting the dividend to shareholders.
Volkswagen underlined its ambition to become the world's largest car maker yesterday when it acquired a £1.5 bn stake in Japanese firm Suzuki Motor - a significant player in the growing Indian market - days after buying half of Porsche.
The BBC's high definition television service has lost its pin-sharp pictures, viewers are claiming.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account