And in the real world... EasyJet, Debenhams, VW and more
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 December 2009 10:15AM
LONDON - Today's round-up of the biggest business stories.
Andy Harrison, the chief executive of easyJet, has resigned after a difficult year during which he fell out with Stelios Haji-Ioannou, the airline's founder, over strategy.
The directors of Debenhams earned big bonuses last year - despite cutting the dividend to shareholders.
Volkswagen underlined its ambition to become the world's largest car maker yesterday when it acquired a £1.5 bn stake in Japanese firm Suzuki Motor - a significant player in the growing Indian market - days after buying half of Porsche.
The BBC's high definition television service has lost its pin-sharp pictures, viewers are claiming.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Designer/ Creative Director Designate Major Players £40000 - £50000 per annum + Plus Benefits, City of London
- Group Head of Design Gemini Search £40000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + Benifits, City of London
- Creative Operations Manager Guru Careers £27 - 32k, Based West Drayton, Greater London (UB7)
- Loyalty Rewards Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + benefits, International/Europe
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni