And in the real world... EasyJet, Debenhams, VW and more
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 December 2009 10:15AM
LONDON - Today's round-up of the biggest business stories.
Andy Harrison, the chief executive of easyJet, has resigned after a difficult year during which he fell out with Stelios Haji-Ioannou, the airline's founder, over strategy.
The directors of Debenhams earned big bonuses last year - despite cutting the dividend to shareholders.
Volkswagen underlined its ambition to become the world's largest car maker yesterday when it acquired a £1.5 bn stake in Japanese firm Suzuki Motor - a significant player in the growing Indian market - days after buying half of Porsche.
The BBC's high definition television service has lost its pin-sharp pictures, viewers are claiming.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film