The Week: Advertising News - Waitrose rejigs festive ad
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 December 2009 12:00AM
Waitrose has had to re-edit its Christmas ad after complaints that a scene depicting a man returning from war could be offensive to the families of soldiers who have died in Afghanistan.
The spot, a revamped version of last year's Christmas campaign by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, featured people returning home for the festive period. Waitrose said that the man featured was meant to be a photo journalist rather than a soldier.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Sales Executive Sporting Appointments £19000 - £30000 per annum + commission, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Freelance French Editor Creative Recruitment negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Head of Insights Stopgap £90000 - £100000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account