The Week: Advertising News - Waitrose rejigs festive ad
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 December 2009 12:00AM
Waitrose has had to re-edit its Christmas ad after complaints that a scene depicting a man returning from war could be offensive to the families of soldiers who have died in Afghanistan.
The spot, a revamped version of last year's Christmas campaign by Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy, featured people returning home for the festive period. Waitrose said that the man featured was meant to be a photo journalist rather than a soldier.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- EPIC COMMS PLANNING DIRECTOR POSITION - AUTOMOTIVE Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Agency Adam Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Integrated Producer - Advertising agency Daniel Marks London £50-60K + Benefits., London
- Digital Project Manager - Exciting eCommerce Solutions ADLIB £28000 - £40000 per annum, Bath