The Week: City News - Doubts over paid content
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 December 2009 12:00AM
Stevie Spring, the chief executive of Future, has warned that there is "not a cat in hell's chance" of publishers being able to charge for news content on the internet unless they deal in specialist publications.
Spring spoke to The Guardian after Future reported a 61 per cent year-on-year fall in pre-tax profits to £3.7 million in the year to the end of September. Group revenue fell 13 per cent year on year on a constant currency basis to £153 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London