The World: Madrid - Telefonica buys 20 per cent stake in Digital Plus
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 December 2009 12:00AM
Telefonica, the Spanish telecoms operator, is to acquire a 20 per cent stake in the pay-TV provider Digital Plus.
Digital Plus is the satellite TV business of Prisa, Spain's largest media group.
The stake is estimated to be worth EUR470 million and Telefonica is expected to appoint directors to the company when the deal is complete.
The global decline in ad revenue has damaged Prisa, which described Telefonica as "the best imaginable strategic partner" for Digital Plus.
Less than a year ago, Prisa rejected a joint bid by Telefonica and France's Vivendi for its entire pay-TV platform.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London