campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 December 2009 12:00AM
Media agency folk have had a lot to deal with this year, what with the mammoth COI buying review and the onslaught of monster global pitches. So, the words straw, camel and back spring to mind with the latest request from a reviewing client.
The Latvian Tourist Board has just sent out a request for information and is either having a laugh or overestimating how desirable its media business is by requesting that all agencies respond in Latvian. Somehow, we can't see COI pitch preparations being put on hold to make room for Latvian language classes.
Final stage meetings for Aviva's global media pitch have drawn to a close, with the incumbent, OMD, the WPP-owned Maxus and Carat all battling it out for the business. A decision looks likely to be delayed until January, though.
There'll be some Christmas cheer for someone at least - a full 11 months after the Post Office first called a pitch for its DM account, an appointment is expected to be made. The three agencies remaining in the running - OgilvyOne, Tullo Marshall Warren and the incumbent, DraftFCB - have been told to expect a decision this side of Christmas.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands