In the real world...BSkyB, Emap, BA and more...
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 December 2009 11:00AM
LONDON - All the latest worldwide business news.
BSkyB has pulled out of talks with Google about showing its TV shows for free on YouTube. Talks ended because Sky was not willing to make its shows available for free.
Source: Daily Telegraph
Emap has admitted that failure to renegotiate its loan covenants could throw its survival prospects into doubt. The media company owes £148 million to Eden Bidco.
Source: The Times
Kraft Foods claimed that targets outlined by Cadbury are unrealistic. Cadbury outlined the targets in response to Kraft’s hostile bid for the chocolate manufacturer.
Source: The Guardian
British Airways could post annual losses of £1 billion with this month’s proposed strike costing the carrier around £360 million. More than a million passengers are set to be hit by the strike, planned for the Christmas period.
Source: Daily Mail
The Euro tumbled as debt worries spread from Greeces economic crisis. The currency fell to its lowest level since early October.
Source: Wall Street Journal
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Senior Consultant - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £60k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (West), London (Greater) / Twickenham, Lo...
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films