And in the real world....Globespan, Microsoft, Ofcom, France Telecom, Deutsche Telekom and Credit Suisse
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 December 2009 09:45AM
Today's round-up of the biggest business stories
Up to 4,000 holidaymakers may be left stranded abroad, after the Globespan Group, which operates Scotland's largest airline, was placed into administration late last night.
Source: The Times
Personal computer users in Europe will be presented with a ground-breaking choice of internet browsers from March next year, after Europe's top competition watchdog on Wednesday accepted legal commitments from Microsoft to address allegations that it unlawfully "bundles" its software products.
Source: The Financial Times
The UK has seen the highest increase in television watching among a group of western countries, according to a survey published by Ofcom.
Source: The Daily Telegraph
Staff at Credit Suisse Asset Management (CSAM) office in London conspired to flout US sanctions, helping to earn the Swiss bank the biggest penalty levied by American authorities for sanctions violations.
Source: The Times
Businessmen have become more gloomy about the economy in the past month, raising fears that Britain may slip into a "double-dip" recession next year.
Source: The Independent
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account