Phones4u kicks off £10 million media pitch
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 January 2010 08:40AM
LONDON - Phones4u, the mobile phone retailer, is reviewing its £10 million media planning and buying account.
MediaVest Manchester, the incumbent, is expected to repitch for the business. It has worked with Phones4u since winning the account in 2001.
In the past year, the retailer has increased its adspend significantly to tackle Carphone Warehouse, which has a far stronger retail presence across the UK, with 800 stores to Phones4u's 450.
In August last year, Phones4u unveiled a branded area within the Curry's megastore in Birmingham, in a bid to increase its retail power. This year, the company is also expected to invest more money in an over-arching brand campaign and wants to look at fresh media ideas.
In January 2009, it moved its creative account out of WCRS and into Adam & Eve.
The agency created a set of TV, print and in-store ads based around the line "Are you popular?", which informed consumers that they could only buy a phone if they had more than 50 names in their phonebook.
As well as TV, the campaign had a strong viral element that sought to increase its appeal to a youth audience.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London