M&C Saatchi lands £6m iShares task
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 January 2010 12:06AM
IShares, the world's largest provider of exchange-traded funds, has appointed M&C Saatchi to handle its £6 million pan-European integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a pitch against Albion, VCCP and a team from Karmarama and Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw.
Arc, the incumbent on the account for the past three years, declined to repitch.
The review process, which began in September last year, was handled by Rik Andrews, the head of marketing for Europe for iShares, and the consultancy Oystercatchers.
M&C Saatchi will now be responsible for creating a series of integrated campaigns to help build the iShares brand across six European markets - the UK, Italy, France, Benelux, Switzerland and Germany.
Work will incorporate TV, digital and direct marketing activity, and will at first aim to raise awareness about the benefits of exchange-traded funds to a wider audience.
Earlier this year, Barclays Global Investors, the owner of iShares, sold the business to the global investment management firm Blackrock in a mixed cash-stock deal worth almost £13.5 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of CRM/Customer Experience - 8/9 month Contract ADLIB Competitive + Benefits, Devon
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account