M&C Saatchi lands £6m iShares task
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 January 2010 12:06AM
IShares, the world's largest provider of exchange-traded funds, has appointed M&C Saatchi to handle its £6 million pan-European integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a pitch against Albion, VCCP and a team from Karmarama and Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw.
Arc, the incumbent on the account for the past three years, declined to repitch.
The review process, which began in September last year, was handled by Rik Andrews, the head of marketing for Europe for iShares, and the consultancy Oystercatchers.
M&C Saatchi will now be responsible for creating a series of integrated campaigns to help build the iShares brand across six European markets - the UK, Italy, France, Benelux, Switzerland and Germany.
Work will incorporate TV, digital and direct marketing activity, and will at first aim to raise awareness about the benefits of exchange-traded funds to a wider audience.
Earlier this year, Barclays Global Investors, the owner of iShares, sold the business to the global investment management firm Blackrock in a mixed cash-stock deal worth almost £13.5 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Insight Manager Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum, Stevenage
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 p/a, South West
- Head of Digital PSD Group Up to £80,000 + Car, Bonus and Benefits, London
- Brand & Advertising Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency