M&C Saatchi lands £6m iShares task
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 January 2010 12:06AM
IShares, the world's largest provider of exchange-traded funds, has appointed M&C Saatchi to handle its £6 million pan-European integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a pitch against Albion, VCCP and a team from Karmarama and Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw.
Arc, the incumbent on the account for the past three years, declined to repitch.
The review process, which began in September last year, was handled by Rik Andrews, the head of marketing for Europe for iShares, and the consultancy Oystercatchers.
M&C Saatchi will now be responsible for creating a series of integrated campaigns to help build the iShares brand across six European markets - the UK, Italy, France, Benelux, Switzerland and Germany.
Work will incorporate TV, digital and direct marketing activity, and will at first aim to raise awareness about the benefits of exchange-traded funds to a wider audience.
Earlier this year, Barclays Global Investors, the owner of iShares, sold the business to the global investment management firm Blackrock in a mixed cash-stock deal worth almost £13.5 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Copywriter/Content Manager Brand Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Milton Keynes
- Account Manager Major Players £26000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Head Of Brand And Comms Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum, Manchester
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%