M&C Saatchi lands £6m iShares task
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 07 January 2010 12:06AM
IShares, the world's largest provider of exchange-traded funds, has appointed M&C Saatchi to handle its £6 million pan-European integrated advertising account.
The agency won the business after a pitch against Albion, VCCP and a team from Karmarama and Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw.
Arc, the incumbent on the account for the past three years, declined to repitch.
The review process, which began in September last year, was handled by Rik Andrews, the head of marketing for Europe for iShares, and the consultancy Oystercatchers.
M&C Saatchi will now be responsible for creating a series of integrated campaigns to help build the iShares brand across six European markets - the UK, Italy, France, Benelux, Switzerland and Germany.
Work will incorporate TV, digital and direct marketing activity, and will at first aim to raise awareness about the benefits of exchange-traded funds to a wider audience.
Earlier this year, Barclays Global Investors, the owner of iShares, sold the business to the global investment management firm Blackrock in a mixed cash-stock deal worth almost £13.5 billion.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Marketing Executive (Search Marketing) Brand Recruitment £27000 per annum + benefits, Bury St. Edmunds
- Freelance E-Commerce Designer Creative Recruitment £150 - £200 per day, City of London
- Digital Creative Recruitment Consultant Creative Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum + OTE £40k, City of London
- Web Designer Creative Recruitment £120 - £140 per day, City of London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film