The Week: Advertising News - McD's leads placement field
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 08 January 2010 12:00AM
Separately, the bookmaker Paddy Power is offering punters the chance to bet on the first brands to pay to appear in a soap opera.
McDonald's is the 2/1 favourite to appear in Coronation Street, Emmerdale or Hollyoaks, followed, also in the fast-food category, by Burger King (3/1) and Subway (5/1). At 3/1, Carling and Guinness head the list of alcohol brands, and in the soft-drinks category, Coca-Cola, a heavy spender on US product placement, leads its rivals with odds of 7/4, followed by Pepsi at 3/1 and Fanta at 8/1.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Interim Senior Engagement Specialist VMA Group Up to £70k pro rata , London
- Social media crazy PM needed £37-50k Digital Gurus £37000 - £50000 Per Annum, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £39,000 per annum, London
- Mid-weight Digital Designer - Boutique Digital Agency Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push