CHI & Partners lands £8m Green Flag task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 January 2010 10:40AM
LONDON - Green Flag, the RBS Insurance-owned breakdown cover provider, has appointed CHI & Partners to handle its £8 million UK ad account.
The agency won the business after a pitch against Kindred, MyAgency and MediaCom Create, the incumbent.
CHI, which already works on the RBS account, will now be responsible for creating a series of campaigns promoting the roadside recovery company, using DRTV, print and digital executions.
It will also work on campaigns promoting the brand's sponsorship of the Williams Formula 1 racing team.
The pitch, which was called in August last year, was handled by Creativebrief and led by Chris Watney, the head of marketing at Green Flag.
Watney joined Green Flag in July last year from Churchill, replacing Chris Bottle, who left the company to become head of commercial marketing for the RBS-owned Business and National Insurance and Guarantee Corporation.
Last year, Green Flag launched a high-profile press and DRTV campaign that aimed to promote the speed and technical expertise of its breakdown recovery staff.
The animated campaign, "Is Green Flag good?", was created by MediaCom Create and inspired by car maintenance manuals.
The ad featured diagrams of a Green Flag car mechanic arriving to fix a car that had broken down, and promoted the fact that consumers could secure cover from £25 per month if they joined up online.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account