Walker Media wins Haribo UK account
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 January 2010 10:20AM
LONDON - Walker Media has scooped the £2 million UK media planning and buying duties for the confectionery brand Haribo.
Walker won the brief after a pitch against three other agencies. The incumbent on the account, Mediaedge:cia Manchester, is understood to have repitched. Katy Clarke, Haribo's group product manager, handled the process.
Haribo, whose products are mainly made up of liquorice and jelly sweets, is expected to run a new TV and cinema campaign this year.
Last year, the company came under fire after a parent took issue with what he claimed were lurid illustrations depicting pieces of fruit engaged in sexual activity on the wrapper of its Maoam brand.
Haribo denied that any sexual connotations were intended in the illustrations.
The company's headquarters are in Bonn, Germany, and it has a presence in Europe and the US. Haribo and Walker Media were unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%