Dare wins another Sony Ericsson task
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 January 2010 03:10PM
LONDON - Dare and its sister Cossette agency Brando have scooped the social media account for Sony Ericsson. The pair landed the business after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
Dare, which already handles Sony Ericsson's digital advertising business, and Brando, its PR agency of record, will now take responsibility for devising a social media strategy for the telecoms giant, with a view to increasing its presence across networks such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
The social media campaigns will also seek to engage blogging communities in an attempt to create a coherent voice online for Sony Ericsson UK & Ireland.
Dare picked up the Sony Ericsson digital advertising account in 2003.
Its most recent campaign, "hopper invasion", saw thousands of virtual space hoppers invade the Yahoo! UK homepage in conjunction with a Twitter campaign that allowed users to remotely pump up space hoppers by Tweeting the word "pumpt".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ABM Interim Ball & Hoolahan £34,000 per annum, South East England
- Customer Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- International Marketing Manager- B2B Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3