Dare wins another Sony Ericsson task
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 January 2010 03:10PM
LONDON - Dare and its sister Cossette agency Brando have scooped the social media account for Sony Ericsson. The pair landed the business after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
Dare, which already handles Sony Ericsson's digital advertising business, and Brando, its PR agency of record, will now take responsibility for devising a social media strategy for the telecoms giant, with a view to increasing its presence across networks such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
The social media campaigns will also seek to engage blogging communities in an attempt to create a coherent voice online for Sony Ericsson UK & Ireland.
Dare picked up the Sony Ericsson digital advertising account in 2003.
Its most recent campaign, "hopper invasion", saw thousands of virtual space hoppers invade the Yahoo! UK homepage in conjunction with a Twitter campaign that allowed users to remotely pump up space hoppers by Tweeting the word "pumpt".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Studio/Production Manager - late shift Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Interim Trade Marketing Manager PFJ £125 - £150 per day, London
- Digital Acquisition Manager Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 Per Annum, Manchester
- Digital Sales Account Manager - Advertising Technology Business Silverdrum £30,000 + bonus + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office