Dare wins another Sony Ericsson task
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 January 2010 03:10PM
LONDON - Dare and its sister Cossette agency Brando have scooped the social media account for Sony Ericsson. The pair landed the business after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
Dare, which already handles Sony Ericsson's digital advertising business, and Brando, its PR agency of record, will now take responsibility for devising a social media strategy for the telecoms giant, with a view to increasing its presence across networks such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
The social media campaigns will also seek to engage blogging communities in an attempt to create a coherent voice online for Sony Ericsson UK & Ireland.
Dare picked up the Sony Ericsson digital advertising account in 2003.
Its most recent campaign, "hopper invasion", saw thousands of virtual space hoppers invade the Yahoo! UK homepage in conjunction with a Twitter campaign that allowed users to remotely pump up space hoppers by Tweeting the word "pumpt".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of Quantitative Research -Rapidly growing Qual consultancy Elizabeth Norman International £50000 - £75000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Project Executive Pitch Consultants £15000 - £19000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Marketing & Comms Executive Major Players £28000 - £35000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Designer Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Designer - UI Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers