Dare wins another Sony Ericsson task
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 January 2010 03:10PM
LONDON - Dare and its sister Cossette agency Brando have scooped the social media account for Sony Ericsson. The pair landed the business after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
Dare, which already handles Sony Ericsson's digital advertising business, and Brando, its PR agency of record, will now take responsibility for devising a social media strategy for the telecoms giant, with a view to increasing its presence across networks such as Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
The social media campaigns will also seek to engage blogging communities in an attempt to create a coherent voice online for Sony Ericsson UK & Ireland.
Dare picked up the Sony Ericsson digital advertising account in 2003.
Its most recent campaign, "hopper invasion", saw thousands of virtual space hoppers invade the Yahoo! UK homepage in conjunction with a Twitter campaign that allowed users to remotely pump up space hoppers by Tweeting the word "pumpt".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Customer Experience Manager PSD Group Up to £50k base + up to 15% bonus + flexi-benefits, Solihull, West Midlands
- Senior Project Manager - London - £35,000 Adam Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014