MPG beats three to retain £66m EDF
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 January 2010 08:00AM
LONDON - EDF Energy has retained MPG as its media agency in the UK and France.
MPG retained the £66m account after a pitch process that also involved ZenithOptimedia, Mindshare and PHD.
Mindshare and PHD are thought to have pulled out in the early stages, leaving the Havas-owned MPG to battle against the Publicis-owned ZenithOptimedia.
EDF currently spends around £12m on UK media and some £54m in its home market of France.
MPG landed the EDF UK media account three years ago and the energy company also works with its sister Havas agencies Euro RSCG and Archibald Ingall Stretton.
EDF called a statutory review of the media account last April after appointing the global branding consultancy Interbrand to work on a repositioning of its brand.
The energy company is also gearing up for marketing activity surrounding its official status as a sponsor of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland