Bauer to give FHM another makeover
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 January 2010 10:01AM
LONDON - FHM, Bauer Media's flagship men's monthly title, is to be overhauled for the third time in recent months as its editor, Colin Kennedy, battles to rejuvenate sales.
The March issue, on sale at the end of January, will feature a complete new layout as part of changes introduced by the design guru Jeremy Leslie and the internal FHM team.
Kennedy introduced his first design overhaul last year in an effort to ditch the title's laddish reputation.
But in the December issue, Kennedy commented on the changes. He said: "Some of it was like exotic new specials on the takeaway menu - seemed like a good idea at the time, but in the morning you remember why you're better off sticking to the usual order."
FHM lost its 13-year reign as the biggest-selling men's paid-for title to Men's Health in the latest set of ABC figures, with circulation falling 16.2% year on year to 235,027 between January and July 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, Central London
- Data Planner Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £33,000, London
- Senior Data Planner/Analyst Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £75,000, London
- Partnerships Account Director - eCommerce Business Silverdrum to £45,000 + bonus + stock + benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity