Volkswagen seeks agency for social media
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 January 2010 10:20AM
LONDON - VW is on the hunt for an agency to handle its social media account and is approaching creative and digital shops to pitch for the business.
The car manufacturer wants to understand and tap into online consumer conversations about the brand, and devise a social media strategy to maximise on that feedback.
The agency will work alongside VW's roster of agencies, which include DDB London, AKQA and Tribal DDB.
Tribal DDB has been approached but has declined to pitch for the business. The successful agency will take on responsibility for monitoring key influencers in the car market; identifying which channels they are using and establishing rules and criteria for engaging online social media audiences.
VW has harnessed social media for some of its past campaigns, targeting online audiences in its "people's reviewer" campaign for the Tiguan model.
The campaign, devised by Tribal DDB, used sites such as Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Flickr to run a competition to find the best car critic from more than 1,000 competition entrants.
VW also recently launched an iPhone application, created by AKQA, which enabled users to race a Golf GTi.
The review does not affect DDB London, which handles VW's above-the-line work. Its most significant recent push was its "like a Golf" spot that launched in August last year.
The ad featured a number of people using the word "Golf" as a descriptor for a hatchback that wasn't actually a Golf.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Print & Digital Designer Michael Page Digital £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Client Director Daniel Marks London $130-180K salary (depending on experience), New York (City) (US)
- Global Strategy Director - New York Daniel Marks London $150-200K salary (depending on experience), New York (City) (US)
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure