MEC Manchester scoops £4m Shearings media business
By By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 January 2010 02:25PM
LONDON - Shearings Group, the hotels and holidays operator, has appointed Mediaedge:cia Manchester to its consolidated £4 million media planning and buying account.
The agency won the business after a four-way pitch against undisclosed agencies. The account covers all offline media and online display, and excludes recruitment media, search and affiliates.
Shearings tour operator, a specialist for the over-fifties, trades under the Shearings Holidays, National Holidays and Caledonian Travel brands, while Shearings hotels trades under the Bay and Coast & Country brands.
The holidays portion of the business was previously split between MediaVest Leeds, Arcadia and the Scottish agency Levy McCallum.
Marc Sangster, the marketing director of Shearings Group, which ran the pitch, said: "MEC has a key role to play as part of our transformation into a leading leisure hotels and holidays group."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account