MEC Manchester scoops £4m Shearings media business
By By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 January 2010 02:25PM
LONDON - Shearings Group, the hotels and holidays operator, has appointed Mediaedge:cia Manchester to its consolidated £4 million media planning and buying account.
The agency won the business after a four-way pitch against undisclosed agencies. The account covers all offline media and online display, and excludes recruitment media, search and affiliates.
Shearings tour operator, a specialist for the over-fifties, trades under the Shearings Holidays, National Holidays and Caledonian Travel brands, while Shearings hotels trades under the Bay and Coast & Country brands.
The holidays portion of the business was previously split between MediaVest Leeds, Arcadia and the Scottish agency Levy McCallum.
Marc Sangster, the marketing director of Shearings Group, which ran the pitch, said: "MEC has a key role to play as part of our transformation into a leading leisure hotels and holidays group."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014