MEC Manchester scoops £4m Shearings media business
By By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 21 January 2010 02:25PM
LONDON - Shearings Group, the hotels and holidays operator, has appointed Mediaedge:cia Manchester to its consolidated £4 million media planning and buying account.
The agency won the business after a four-way pitch against undisclosed agencies. The account covers all offline media and online display, and excludes recruitment media, search and affiliates.
Shearings tour operator, a specialist for the over-fifties, trades under the Shearings Holidays, National Holidays and Caledonian Travel brands, while Shearings hotels trades under the Bay and Coast & Country brands.
The holidays portion of the business was previously split between MediaVest Leeds, Arcadia and the Scottish agency Levy McCallum.
Marc Sangster, the marketing director of Shearings Group, which ran the pitch, said: "MEC has a key role to play as part of our transformation into a leading leisure hotels and holidays group."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Account Executive Adam Recruitment £18000 - £23000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Liverpool
- Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Manchester
- Search Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Manchester
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London