Publicis tops new-biz table
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 January 2010 12:00AM
Publicis, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and VCCP were among the top new-business performers in 2009, according to figures from the AAR.
Publicis topped the table for most new-business wins from any source with 11, including the high-profile social work account for COI, while VCCP and AMV came second with ten wins each.
The latter also topped the table for best competitive pitch conversion rate with 100 per cent after winning nine out of nine pitches.
Mother came second with 83 per cent, while The Brooklyn Brothers, The Engine Group and Quiet Storm came in joint third with 80 per cent.
VCCP came top of the most new-business opportunities (from any source) list with 23, followed by Fallon, Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy and Publicis, all with 17.
Meanwhile, both VCCP and Karmarama topped the table for most new business won after a pitch with 12 wins each. They were followed in second place by MCBD and Publicis, which both notched up 11.
Beta and Saatchi & Saatchi enjoyed the most new-business wins (three) without a formal competitive pitch taking place where there was no previous relationship.
The results are taken from the AAR's annual report Who was the best advertising agency at new business in 2009. The intermediary only includes agencies based in London with more than five new-business wins. The pitches had to be decided by 31 December and reported in the trade press.
Rank Agency Points
1 Publicis 11
2= AMV 10
2= VCCP 10
4= Fallon 9
4= Karmarama 9
4= Mother 9
4= RKCR/Y&R 9
PITCH CONVERSION RATES
Rank Agency Points %
1 AMV 9 100
2 Mother 6 83
3= Brooklyn Bros 5 80
3= Engine 5 80
3= Quiet Storm 5 80
6 HMDG 8 75
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Brand Analyst, Social Media Hasson Associates £30,000 - £35,000, Central London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire