The Week: City News - Debenhams sales increase
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 15 January 2010 12:00AM
Debenhams has reported a nominal 0.1 per cent year-on-year rise in like-for-like sales for the 18 weeks to 2 January, but expressed concern about the upcoming effects of a rise in VAT and a General Election.
Total sales grew 1.6 per cent over the same period. While the retailer said its gross margin "improved significantly", rivals such as House of Fraser and John Lewis both reported more significant sales growths over the festive season.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Motion graphics designer/after effects expert Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Senior Digital Designer Required | Contract to Permanent Salt £300 - £400 per day, City of London
- Senior Digital Designer Salt £300 - £400 per day, City of London
- Mid Level User Experience Designer Salt £30000 - £45000 per annum + Plus bonus and excellent benefits, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign