BMW shortlists four agencies to pitch for advertising business
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 26 January 2010 11:00AM
LONDON - BMW UK has shortlisted Engine, VCCP, Karmarama and the Brooklyn Brothers to pitch for its integrated advertising account.
The car manufacturer held initial meetings with the shortlisted agencies yesterday (Monday), with pitches for the business due to be held next month.
The process is being handled by the AAR.
WCRS, which is owned by Engine, has been the incumbent on the advertising account for almost 30 years.
Dare is the incumbent on the brand's digital business, and Euro RSCG KLP currently handles the direct marketing account.
Dare will pitch as part of Engine in a bid to retain the business.
Karmarama will pitch in collaboration with DM shop Meteorite, while VCCP will pitch alongside fellow Chime Communications agency Stephens Francis Whitson.
BMW called a pitch for its advertising business last month as part of an effort to achieve a more streamlined approach to its marketing activity.
Last year, the car manufacturer appointed GSD&M Idea City as the lead agency on its global advertising account, and Vizeum to handle its UK media business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London
- Brand / Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Salaries from £40K - £85K, Central London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business