Mindshare scoops Piaggio media account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 January 2010 10:20AM
LONDON - Piaggio Group, the owner of the Vespa scooter brand, has awarded its consolidated pan-European media account to Mindshare.
The agency won the business after a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The account covers the major European markets, including the UK, Italy, Spain, France and Germany.
Media duties for Piaggio were previously handled on a local basis. OMD, the incumbent in Piaggio's home market of Italy, did not contest the business. The pitch, which was run out of Italy, kicked off in July last year.
Piaggio controls 25 per cent of the European scooter market. The motorcycle company is promoting its MP3 hybrid scooter, after becoming the first to launch a hybrid electric-and-petrol scooter last year.
The company's most recent advertising for the Vespa brand has centred on the scooter's eco-friendliness.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Senior Producer Purple Consultancy £250 - £300 per day, London
- Campaign Reporting & Performance Manager Major Players £55000 - £60000 per annum + bens, London
- Campaign Manager Purple Consultancy £200 - £250 per day, Woking
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Nottinghamshire