Hotels.com seeks agency for ad task
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 28 January 2010 10:40AM
LONDON - Hotels.com, the online travel agent, is looking for an agency to handle its integrated advertising account.
The company is keen to raise awareness of the site in reaction to increased competition within the travel website sector.
Hotels.com currently uses an in-house marketing team to handle its UK advertising, the majority of which revolves around digital campaigns, such as banner advertising and social media work.
A recent campaign by the travel agent encouraged consumers to take a short break and blog about it using a series of Twitter posts or videos uploaded to YouTube.
The best entry won a free trip to Rio de Janeiro, with three runners-up each receiving a £200 Hotels.com voucher.
Hotels.com also puts a major emphasis on sales promotion activity and partnership marketing. It uses its media agency, MPG, to broker its sponsorship deals, and recently signed as the sponsor of ITV1's London Weekend Weather.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films