Alberto Culver launches global review
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 January 2010 11:17AM
Alberto-Culver, the American packaged goods company and owner of Simple Health & Beauty, has launched a global review of its creative and media account, including its £15m business in the UK.
The review follows a number of purchases and brand expansions in recent years, most recently the purchase of Simple Health & Beauty in December 2009.
In the UK, Alberto-Culver's £15m account includes brands such as Tresemmé, Alberto VO5 and St Ives, and is handled by Havas creative agency Euro RSCG and Aegis media agency Carat.
The Alberto-Culver account in the US is understood to be worth a further $100m, with the majority spent on the Nexxus and Tresemmé hair care brands.
American incumbents include Wieden & Kennedy, Campbell-Mithun (part of Interpublic Group of Cos.) and Aegis' Carat.
Alberto-Culver bought Simple Health & Beauty from private equity firm Duke Street in £240m deal. Simple Health & Beauty spent £2m on media last year, with creative and media handled by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and PHD respectively.
It is not clear at this stage whether the Simple account is included in the review.
When Alberto-Culver bought Simple, James Marino, president and chief executive, said the cosmetics giant intended to "continue to leverage Simple's brand strength to drive future growth" and called the purchase an "important step forward in executing our strategy of expanding and strengthening our portfolio".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Account Director Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films