Alberto Culver launches global review
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 29 January 2010 11:17AM
Alberto-Culver, the American packaged goods company and owner of Simple Health & Beauty, has launched a global review of its creative and media account, including its £15m business in the UK.
The review follows a number of purchases and brand expansions in recent years, most recently the purchase of Simple Health & Beauty in December 2009.
In the UK, Alberto-Culver's £15m account includes brands such as Tresemmé, Alberto VO5 and St Ives, and is handled by Havas creative agency Euro RSCG and Aegis media agency Carat.
The Alberto-Culver account in the US is understood to be worth a further $100m, with the majority spent on the Nexxus and Tresemmé hair care brands.
American incumbents include Wieden & Kennedy, Campbell-Mithun (part of Interpublic Group of Cos.) and Aegis' Carat.
Alberto-Culver bought Simple Health & Beauty from private equity firm Duke Street in £240m deal. Simple Health & Beauty spent £2m on media last year, with creative and media handled by Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and PHD respectively.
It is not clear at this stage whether the Simple account is included in the review.
When Alberto-Culver bought Simple, James Marino, president and chief executive, said the cosmetics giant intended to "continue to leverage Simple's brand strength to drive future growth" and called the purchase an "important step forward in executing our strategy of expanding and strengthening our portfolio".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire