Agencies line up for Glenmorangie
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 February 2010 10:55AM
LONDON - Glenmorangie, the single malt whisky brand, is on the hunt for a creative agency for its UK advertising account.
The AAR is handling the review, and has contacted a number of agencies for pitch meetings.
The Glenmorangie Company, which also owns the Ardbeg Distillery, has recently produced all the advertising for its malt whisky in-house.
It last called a review in 2006, ending the process by moving the business out of the incumbent, 1576, into its in-house communications department.
The Scotland-based 1576 had held the account since 1998, and produced a number of campaigns for Glenmorangie including a push in 2006 that aimed to position the brand as a luxury spirit.
The campaign included four print executions featuring the strapline: "Glenmorangie. Gaelic for glen of tranquillity."
1576 was forced to close a year after it lost the account, with the loss of 22 jobs.
The review does not affect Glenmorangie's below-the-line business, which remains with the Edinburgh-based Story. The agency has produced award-winning direct marketing campaigns for both Glenmorangie and Ardbeg.
Its Ardbeg Blasda game picked up a gold for Individual Direct campaign at last year's Campaign Big Awards.
The Glenmorangie Company was bought by LVMH in 2004 in a deal worth £300 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- top mid pm - integrated agency - 35-45k - london Digital Gurus £35000 - £45000 Per Annum benefits, London
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £60000 Per Annum, London
- Copywriter (shopper marketing, retail, agency) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- SEO Account Director - Rapidly Expanding Media Agency Ultimate Asset £40000 - £45000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'