Agencies line up for Glenmorangie
By Kate Nettleton, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 February 2010 10:55AM
LONDON - Glenmorangie, the single malt whisky brand, is on the hunt for a creative agency for its UK advertising account.
The AAR is handling the review, and has contacted a number of agencies for pitch meetings.
The Glenmorangie Company, which also owns the Ardbeg Distillery, has recently produced all the advertising for its malt whisky in-house.
It last called a review in 2006, ending the process by moving the business out of the incumbent, 1576, into its in-house communications department.
The Scotland-based 1576 had held the account since 1998, and produced a number of campaigns for Glenmorangie including a push in 2006 that aimed to position the brand as a luxury spirit.
The campaign included four print executions featuring the strapline: "Glenmorangie. Gaelic for glen of tranquillity."
1576 was forced to close a year after it lost the account, with the loss of 22 jobs.
The review does not affect Glenmorangie's below-the-line business, which remains with the Edinburgh-based Story. The agency has produced award-winning direct marketing campaigns for both Glenmorangie and Ardbeg.
Its Ardbeg Blasda game picked up a gold for Individual Direct campaign at last year's Campaign Big Awards.
The Glenmorangie Company was bought by LVMH in 2004 in a deal worth £300 million.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014