McCann appoints Geoff Smith and Simon Butler as creative directors
By Staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 February 2010 10:40AM
LONDON - McCann Erickson London has hired Geoff Smith and Simon Butler, the duo behind Sure's "Stunt City", as creative directors.
The pair will work mainly on the agency's B&Q account, but will also cover a number of other clients and work on new business.
Smith and Butler have worked on a freelance basis since 2008.
Previously, they ran the creative department at Grey, before effectively being replaced by Andy Amadeo.
The pair have also worked at Lowe, where they created "Stunt City".
Smith and Butler have picked up a number of awards, including Cannes gold Lions for "Stunt City" and "through the bottle" for Smirnoff.
Brian Fraser, the executive creative director at McCann Erickson London, said: "Our hiring of Geoff and Simon further cements our dedication and creative ambition for the B&Q account, and we are extremely excited about the work to come."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency