Powerade rolls out World Cup ad featuring Wayne Rooney
By Joe Thomas, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 February 2010 12:35PM
LONDON - Powerade will launch its 2010 FIFA World Cup campaign, featuring England star Wayne Rooney, during this evening's Champions League tie between AC Milan and Manchester United.
The ad for the Cola-Cola sports-drink brand, which airs on Sky Sports' during the last 16 tie in which David Beckham will face his former club, aims to highlight the role the isotonic sports drink will play as the on-pitch hydration partner of the South African World Cup this summer.
A shirtless Wayne Rooney, fuelled by Powerade, takes on a shirted Wayne Rooney fuelled by water, in a one-on-one skills and endurance duel. The ad has been created by Mother.
At the start of the month Powerade launched an on-pack promotion that gives consumers the chance to win a training experience at a football camp in South Africa or at elite rugby camps at Twickenham and Cardiff's Millennium Stadium. The promotion finishes on 28 February.
Meanwhile, PespiCo's Gatorade Sport's drink has rolled out its biggest UK on-pack promotion called 'Gatorade Gives Back.' Created by The Marketing Store, the year-long promotion gives consumers the chance to collect points and redeem them against sports related rewards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Biddable Media Manager PPC - Cracking Client Accounts! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , London
- Senior Digital Designer Gemini Search £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Strategic Search Manager - PPC - LUXURY BRAND Ultimate Asset £25000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London