Powerade rolls out World Cup ad featuring Wayne Rooney
By Joe Thomas, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 February 2010 12:35PM
LONDON - Powerade will launch its 2010 FIFA World Cup campaign, featuring England star Wayne Rooney, during this evening's Champions League tie between AC Milan and Manchester United.
The ad for the Cola-Cola sports-drink brand, which airs on Sky Sports' during the last 16 tie in which David Beckham will face his former club, aims to highlight the role the isotonic sports drink will play as the on-pitch hydration partner of the South African World Cup this summer.
A shirtless Wayne Rooney, fuelled by Powerade, takes on a shirted Wayne Rooney fuelled by water, in a one-on-one skills and endurance duel. The ad has been created by Mother.
At the start of the month Powerade launched an on-pack promotion that gives consumers the chance to win a training experience at a football camp in South Africa or at elite rugby camps at Twickenham and Cardiff's Millennium Stadium. The promotion finishes on 28 February.
Meanwhile, PespiCo's Gatorade Sport's drink has rolled out its biggest UK on-pack promotion called 'Gatorade Gives Back.' Created by The Marketing Store, the year-long promotion gives consumers the chance to collect points and redeem them against sports related rewards.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Planner - MW Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: A host of company benefits, London
- Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £19000 - £24000 per annum, Surrey
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency