Universal McCann wins Bwin UK media account
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 February 2010 10:20AM
LONDON - Bwin, the online gaming company that is the shirt sponsor of Real Madrid and AC Milan, has appointed Universal McCann to handle its UK media planning and buying account.
The appointment, following a pitch process, comes ahead of a major awareness push by the company. Bwin, previously known as Betandwin, aims to promote its brand in the UK after recently launching its poker, casino and sports betting site in this country.
Bwin, which has 20 million registered users in markets including Germany, Spain and Italy, is expected to spend around £4 million on radio, print and online advertising.
Activity will roll out later in the first quarter as Bwin, which is based in Austria and launched in 1999, attempts to secure a presence in the highly competitive online gaming market.
Nic Wenn, Bwin's head of Northern Europe, said: "UM London showed a genuine passion for the challenge and an in-depth understanding of our consumer target."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst Jarlett de Grouchy £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, Surrey
- Market Research and Insight Executive (Manager level) Stopgap £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Global Client Director PFJ £65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London
- Senior account manager in retail + branding design agency Gabriele Skelton £35000 - £39000 per annum, London