Visit Wales appoints W&K to run direct marketing pitch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 February 2010 11:10AM
LONDON - Visit Wales has called a pitch for its direct account, and has asked its above-the-line agency, Wieden & Kennedy, to handle the process.
The Welsh tourism board is looking for a new DM shop after it parted company with the incumbent, Partners Andrews Aldridge, last month.
At the time of the split, it was expected that the majority of future work would be handled by W&K or an in-house marketing team. However, the company is now keen to find a new retained agency.
CMW, Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw and Rapier have been shortlisted to pitch for the business, with meetings taking place this week.W&K is expected to make an appointment early next month.
PAA had worked on the Visit Wales DM business for almost six years, and had created a number of award-winning campaigns, including "wetsuit", which won silver at the Campaign Big Awards in 2008, and "compass", which picked up a bronze at last year's DMA Awards.
The agency successfully re-pitched with W&K for the account last year, after Visit Wales had called a statutory review of the business.
Visit Wales' most recent ad campaign featured the Welsh comedian Rhod Gilbert exploring the wide variety of attractions that the country has to offer.
The spot was supported by a DM campaign from PAA that carried the strapline: "Try something new(ish)."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency