Visit Wales appoints W&K to run direct marketing pitch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 February 2010 11:10AM
LONDON - Visit Wales has called a pitch for its direct account, and has asked its above-the-line agency, Wieden & Kennedy, to handle the process.
The Welsh tourism board is looking for a new DM shop after it parted company with the incumbent, Partners Andrews Aldridge, last month.
At the time of the split, it was expected that the majority of future work would be handled by W&K or an in-house marketing team. However, the company is now keen to find a new retained agency.
CMW, Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw and Rapier have been shortlisted to pitch for the business, with meetings taking place this week.W&K is expected to make an appointment early next month.
PAA had worked on the Visit Wales DM business for almost six years, and had created a number of award-winning campaigns, including "wetsuit", which won silver at the Campaign Big Awards in 2008, and "compass", which picked up a bronze at last year's DMA Awards.
The agency successfully re-pitched with W&K for the account last year, after Visit Wales had called a statutory review of the business.
Visit Wales' most recent ad campaign featured the Welsh comedian Rhod Gilbert exploring the wide variety of attractions that the country has to offer.
The spot was supported by a DM campaign from PAA that carried the strapline: "Try something new(ish)."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Team Dahling Ltd £50,000 - 55,000, Central London
- SEO Executive Norton Leigh + Benefits, Central London
- Creative Director - Doha, Qatar (Tax free salary) MCG Associates Tax Free Salary, Doha, Qatar
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions