RKCR/Y&R and Arena BLM win Honey Monster Foods briefs
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 March 2010 10:20AM
LONDON - Honey Monster Foods, the division of the Big Bear Group that owns Sugar Puffs and Honey Waffles, has appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle its advertising and Arena BLM to its media planning and buying business after a pitch run by Agency Insight.
RKCR/Y&R won the business after a final shoot-out against JWT. Delaney Lund Knox Warren also pitched for the account, but was eliminated at an earlier stage.
Arena BLM won the media account in a pitch against MediaVest. The previous incumbent on both parts of the business was Bray Leino, which was appointed in 2007.
RKCR/Y&R and Arena BLM will now be responsible for contemporising the Honey Monster character and creating a series of campaigns centring on the brand icon.
The agency's first work for the brand is due to break later this year on TV and other major channels, and will focus on its Honey Waffles variant.
During its time working on the account, Bray Leino was responsible for launching a £3.5m TV campaign that featured the Honey Monster rapping with his flatmate about their mutual love of Sugar Puffs.
The ad saw the return of the brand icon for the first time in five years, and came under fire after the comedians behind The Mighty Boosh accused the ad of ripping-off the "crimping" style used in their TV show.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire