Maxus wins Shangri-La hotel group's global media
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 16 March 2010 10:25AM
LONDON - WPP-owned Maxus has been appointed to handle the global media account for Asian luxury hotel group Shangri-La.
Maxus won the account, which includes digital and search as well as traditional media, after a pitch against 10-year incumbent OMD was run from Singapore.
The account includes the business in Asia, the US and the UK, where the media spend is estimated at £1.2 million.
The account will be led out of Hong Kong and Singapore, with teams in Shanghai, London and New York also working on the business.
Brendan Inns, Shangri-La vice president of brand communications, said: "We have enjoyed a long and fruitful partnership with OMD over the past 10 years and we are thankful to them for their significant contribution and service during that time.
"Although we have a positive relationship, we believe that with an exciting new brand campaign about to launch, it has come to a natural cycle for us to consider a change to help new ideas and thinking."
Maxus won the global media business for UPS in October last year after pitching in partnership with sister WPP agency Ogilvy Group, which was appointed to the advertising business.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager Â– Well Regarded Integrated Agency ADLIB to £30k, Bristol
- Regional Marketing Manager Adam Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Manchester
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum + dependent on skills and experience , Oxford
- Performance Planning Director PFJ £40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition