Alvarez made ECD at Brooklyn Brothers as founder departs
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 March 2010 08:00AM
LONDON - Jason Fretwell, the founder and creative partner at The Brooklyn Brothers, is leaving the agency.
Ali Alvarez, who was hired last year from Fallon, has been promoted to replace him as executive creative director.
Fretwell, who will continue to work at the agency on a consultancy basis, now plans to concentrate on solo projects, including creating and marketing his own products.
Alvarez will now take control of the agency's creative product as well as handling the growth of the creative department.
She said: "My focus is on making sure we create great work, but also that we engage people and make sure we're always working in new ways."
Jackie Stevenson, a founder at The Brooklyn Brothers, said: "We've grown at such a fast rate that we need someone to shape the future of the agency and the creative product and take a lead role on existing clients and new business."
Alvarez started her career at Mother before leaving to join Fallon in 2002, where she created "for the love of Wispa" for Cadbury and the "Glastonbury" campaign for the BBC. Before that, she was a professional showjumper.
In 2009, she won the Best Documentary award at the Portobello Film Festival for a film called 'I Voted Today' about the latest US election.
Set in Cleveland Ohio on election day, the film is based around a man called Rafik who volunteers to drive a van all day taking underprivileged people to the polling stations.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Yahoo hosts exclusive X-Men: Days of Future Past films