Brooklyn Brothers wins Land Rover brief
By Noel Bussey, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 March 2010 08:00AM
LONDON - Land Rover has appointed The Brooklyn Brothers to handle the global launch of its highly anticipated Range Rover LRX.
The agency picked up the brief after a pitch against Y&R, the global incumbent, and Borkowski, the public relations agency.
It will begin work immediately in preparation for the official unveiling of the car later in the year and its subsequent launch, which is expected in early 2011.
The pitch was handled by a combined team of Land Rover's Colin Green, the global marketing director, and Fiona Pargeter, the global PR director, who were looking for a new cross-media approach to launching a vehicle.
The Brooklyn Brothers will be briefed to create a campaign that combines PR, digital and marketing disciplines, including advertising and direct marketing, designed to create fans of the new car before its launch and encourage increased pre-order volume.
As a result, the agency has pulled out of the ongoing BMW review.
Pargeter said: "We were impressed by the breadth of The Brooklyn Brothers' thinking and their ability to create ideas that captured the spirit of the new car that lived effortlessly on- and offline."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of Corporate Communications London Borough of Hounslow £55572 - 67544 per year + Final Salary Pension, Hounslow Central
- eCRM Campaign Manager PFJ £200 - £300 per day, London
- EMEA Marcomms Manager Barclay Meade £40000 - £45000 per annum + bonus + benefits, London
- Planner - MW Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: A host of company benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency