EA picks MediaCom for pan-Euro task
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 March 2010 08:00AM
LONDON - MediaCom has retained the £8m UK Electronic Arts media planning and buying account as part of a consolidation of the video games publisher's pan-European business.
The WPP agency, the incumbent on the UK business, won the estimated £80m pan-European EA account after a final head-to-head pitch against ZenithOptimedia.
EA, the creator of hit games including the Fifa football series and 'The Sims', called the review after announcing job cuts last November on the back of second-quarter losses of $391m.
The games publisher, the world's biggest, initially invited agencies to pitch for the business in January.
Recent advertising activity for EA has supported games including 'Beatles Rock Band' and 'Grand Slam Tennis'.
It has also launched viral and TV activity through Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam to support its 'Fifa 10' game. Ads featured Manchester United's Wayne Rooney and the line "Fifa 10: How big can football get?".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds