Diary: Murphy hogs spotlight
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 19 March 2010 12:00AM
While adlanders were quaffing wine at the British Television Advertising Awards last Wednesday, many of the populace were getting a glimpse into the world of advertising thanks to a BBC documentary about John Lewis, that featured a healthy dose of Adam & Eve.
Well, we say Adam & Eve - it was mainly the agency's founder James Murphy who did his best to hog the limelight by grabbing the only mic and planting himself in front of the camera at every opportunity. (Anyone who has done karaoke with him will recognise this trick.)
The programme also proved that the age-old adage of the camera adding 10lbs is also true of glasses, as Murphy's already huge specs looked like something from Eric Morecambe's wardrobe.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire