Diary: Golf trip still on for Sky
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 April 2010 12:00AM
One fixture that the recession has failed to scupper is the Viacom Brand Solutions annual golfing trip to the plush Sandy Lane Hotel on the fashionable west coast of Barbados.
Following the demise of VBS, after Viacom put its ad sales operation into Sky Media, we assumed that the May golf trip, possibly the best jolly available in media, would be no more.
But while the former VBS boss, Nick Bampton, has moved on, the trip continues thanks to a canny barter deal conducted while he was still at the helm.
Sky Media's managing director, Nick Milligan, is not thought to be making the trip, however. This leaves Mark Swift, who still works at Viacom, to lead the party of media agency chiefs through a punishing routine of 18 holes and rum punches.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- UK & I Marketing Manager Stopgap £28000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - Excellent BTL London Agency - £37k + benefits! Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £37k, London
- Account Director - B2B technology Marketing Stonor £50,000 plus pension, H/C and 25 days holiday, West London/Bucks
- Recruitment Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'