Diary: Golf trip still on for Sky
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 April 2010 12:00AM
One fixture that the recession has failed to scupper is the Viacom Brand Solutions annual golfing trip to the plush Sandy Lane Hotel on the fashionable west coast of Barbados.
Following the demise of VBS, after Viacom put its ad sales operation into Sky Media, we assumed that the May golf trip, possibly the best jolly available in media, would be no more.
But while the former VBS boss, Nick Bampton, has moved on, the trip continues thanks to a canny barter deal conducted while he was still at the helm.
Sky Media's managing director, Nick Milligan, is not thought to be making the trip, however. This leaves Mark Swift, who still works at Viacom, to lead the party of media agency chiefs through a punishing routine of 18 holes and rum punches.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013