Diary: Golf trip still on for Sky
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 02 April 2010 12:00AM
One fixture that the recession has failed to scupper is the Viacom Brand Solutions annual golfing trip to the plush Sandy Lane Hotel on the fashionable west coast of Barbados.
Following the demise of VBS, after Viacom put its ad sales operation into Sky Media, we assumed that the May golf trip, possibly the best jolly available in media, would be no more.
But while the former VBS boss, Nick Bampton, has moved on, the trip continues thanks to a canny barter deal conducted while he was still at the helm.
Sky Media's managing director, Nick Milligan, is not thought to be making the trip, however. This leaves Mark Swift, who still works at Viacom, to lead the party of media agency chiefs through a punishing routine of 18 holes and rum punches.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Secure Connectivity Product Manager Barclay Meade £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Berkshire
- Digital Fundraising Analyst PFJ £34000.00 - £41500.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account