Naked and the7stars land Discovery media business
By Ian Darby, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 April 2010 10:47AM
LONDON - Discovery Networks UK has appointed Naked Communications and the7stars to handle its media planning and buying business.
Naked will handle media strategy and planning for Discovery while the7stars will oversee the buying on the business.
The two agencies pitched together as part of a process run through the AAR. Vizeum, the previous incumbent, did not participate in the final stages of the pitch.
Naked and the7stars will work across Discovery's UK portfolio of 13 pay-TV channels, which reach an audience of three million people each day. Its channels, in addition to the main Discovery Channel and HD Discovery Channel, include Animal Planet, TLC and Discovery Health.
Last September, Discovery launched Quest, a channel aimed at older men. It was the first Discovery channel to feature on Freeview.
Simon Downing, the vice-president, marketing at Discovery Networks UK, said: "Discovery is seen as a knowledge brand... our brands are also full of emotional and entertainment appeal and this
is the additional message we want to convey to consumers as part of our media offering."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex