Oxfam appoints WPN to donor acquisition DM account
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 April 2010 05:30PM
LONDON - Oxfam GB, the UK's largest development charity, has appointed Watson Phillips Norman to handle the digital and direct marketing for its donor recruitment work.
The agency won the business following a pitch against undisclosed agencies. It will now be responsible creating a high-profile online and offline supporter acquisition campaign that aims to appeal to a new category of donors.
WPN's appointment marks the first time that Oxfam has held a retained direct marketing agency for its donor recruitment work.
The charity currently works with a number of agencies on other areas of its business including Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, Cheeze DMG and Tangible Response.
Oxfam's relationship with these agencies are unaffected by the new appointment.
WPN already handles the direct marketing for a number of major UK charities, including PDSA, The Salvation Army and Unicef.
Andrew Barton, the head of relationship marketing at Oxfam GB, said: "We have some ambitious plans for supporter acquisition and we have every confidence that WPN will be a great partner for us."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account