Open University kicks off direct marketing pitch
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 April 2010 10:36AM
LONDON - The Open University has called a statutory review of its direct marketing account.
The government-funded distance-learning university has issued a tender document and is planning to hold a pitch later in the year.
Agencies have been given until the middle of next month to signal their intention to pitch for the account, with up to ten agencies due to be involved in the first stage.
Work will include data management, customer recruitment and acquisition campaigns, e-mail marketing and SMS marketing.
The OU currently uses DigForFire DMG and Response One to handle its marketing communications.
Last November, the OU handed its £8 million media planning and buying account to Rapp Media.
The agency won the business after a final shoot-out against Mindshare. Zed Media, which had been the incumbent since 2001, was eliminated at an earlier stage.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push