Diary: OMG's online headhunt
campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 16 April 2010 12:00AM
Omnicom Media Group's method of poaching staff doesn't score any points for subtlety.
The agency's head of recruitment recently sent a round-robin e-mail to heads of new business at rival shops with the chilling opener: "Hi there. It's been a long while since we last spoke/e-mailed."
The missive goes on to advertise some vacancies in the group.
Diary hears the slightly traumatised recipients had never heard of, not to mention "spoke to/e-mailed", the sender. In future, maybe the OMG recruitment team should try an approach that is less suggestive of a Nigerian bank scam.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Project Manager Major Players £26000 - £28000 per annum, City of London
- Customer and Market Insight Officer Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + Very competitive benefits package, Guildford
- Print Buyer - Print Purchasing - High Street Brand - £25-27k Salt £25000 - £27000 per annum, London
- Qualitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits, London