Job: Chief strategy officer, Lowe Worldwide
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Put the kettle on. Drink sweet tea. Then grab my partner and daughter, go sit in bed and play stickers.
- What's your best joke?
Ever heard the one about the wide-mouthed frog?
- When did you last cry and why?
Watching Looking For Eric at 36,000 feet last Friday. It's that father/son, Northern bloke, just-get-on-with-it attitude, riddled with hidden emotional trauma. It's the currency of modern masculine fear. And it's my heritage.
- Who is your hero?
Eric Cantona. That flawed, genius thing.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I'm now a Southern softy.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
Every time I visit a country, they speak my language infinitely better than my pigeon French, Spanish, Thai etc. It's humbling and embarrassing.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
Tired face, happy eyes.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Caesar. I'm fascinated. Maybe I constantly dream of conquering the world.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
Make the perfect cortado at 11am every day.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
This is obvious, but my laptop. It has all the pics of my kids growing up.
- Are you happy?
Every time I wake up. And then when I hear the pitter-patter and the words: "Daddy's home."
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
Summer. It was always hot. We were always running around playing. And negotiating to stay up later and watch a movie.
- What's your most irritating habit?
Interrupting people during a conversation. Picking my nose. Being on time. Eating too quickly.
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
Do what you love.
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
Kanye West, Bill Evans Trio, Elliott Smith, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Claire Martin.
- What do you wear in bed?
Nowt. Maybe, maybe a stupid grin.