Job: Worldwide digital director, JWT
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Absolutely insist on the rest of the day off.
- What's your best joke?
How much is shampoo in Romford? Pantene.
- What's your biggest fear?
It's already happened. I support Arsenal and my 19-year-old son supports Chelski.
- When did you last cry and why?
Recently, with laughter, at Will Ferrell's one-man show.
- Who is your hero?
The last time I had one, it was Bjorn Borg.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
- What's the worst thing about your job?
As I write this, the jet lag.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
That it's downhill from here.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Cardinal Ximenes from the Spanish Inquisition.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
Not sure, but I'd pay it peanuts.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
Guy Murphy. Big brain and a Gooner.
- Are you happy?
Yes and no.
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
Eat a hearty breakfast of baked beans and cabbage, then spend the entire day in the lifts at JWT.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
1970-ish at Highbury with my dad watching Arsenal v Manchester United and seeing George Best make Denis Law, Bobby Charlton and everybody else look like mere mortals.
- What's your most irritating habit?
Excessive tidiness. My daughter tells me I'm a "neat-freak".
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
That modern celebrity is just obscurity biding its time.
- What's on your iPod most-played list?
Alistair Cooke's complete Letter From America collection. I'm currently up to 1974.
- What do you wear in bed?