Job: Chief executive, Mediaedge:cia
- You've got five hours left before the world explodes. What do you do?
Do all the things I've promised myself I'd do before I die but then cancelled after convincing myself that it wasn't the end of the world.
- What's your best joke?
Not mine but Clement Freud's drunk joke is very funny. Listen to it at http://bit.ly/Gt8Nn. I defy you not to laugh. Or did you hear the one about the agnostic dyslexic? He didn't believe there was a dog.
- What's your biggest fear?
Waking up on the day of an exam having done no revision (a recurring dream I have) or the updated version on pitch day.
- When did you last cry and why?
At the chiropractor, having been thrown off a surfboard and landing on my head in shallow water.
- Who is your hero?
Mark Eitzel, the lead singer of American Music Club, for only being happy when he's not happy.
- Name one thing about yourself that few people know.
I once saved a man's life who was locked in the back of an airtight refrigerated truck.
- What do you see when you look in the mirror?
Somebody who should be at the gym.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Samuel Pepys for sheer persistence and finishing the task in hand.
- If you had a trained monkey, what would you make it do?
My expense claims.
- If your office was burning down, what object would you save and why?
My expenses file - I do them once a year so there's probably enough to rebuild the office.
- Are you happy?
I'm happy when I'm not happy.
- What would you do if you were invisible for the day?
Be Everton's 12th player at the next derby game.
- What's your most evocative childhood memory?
Sitting on my dad's shoulders at Goodison Park watching Everton v Arsenal in the late 60s.
- What's your most irritating habit?
Telling the pitch team there's still a lot of work to do four weeks out, two weeks out, one day out and with five minutes to go.
- What belief do you hold most strongly?
That you make your own luck.
- What do you wear in bed?