Discovery picks Mean Broadcast for British Eurosport ad sales

Discovery Networks UK and Ireland has extended its advertising and sponsorship sales partnership with Mean Broadcast for its British Eurosport and British Eurosport 2 channels.

Eurosport: operates in Europe and Asia
Eurosport: operates in Europe and Asia

Mean Broadcast, which launched in 2010, will have responsibility for managing airtime sales, channel and programme sponsorship, and brand partnerships working with media and ad agencies. The new contract begins with immediate effect.

It follows Discovery Communications’ agreement in July to buy the full ownership of Eurosport, the pay-TV sports channels network that operates across Europe and Asia.

Discovery took a 20 per cent stake in Eurosport in 2012, increased its investment to 51 per cent in 2014, and this year bought the remaining 49 per cent from TF1 Group for £349.2 million.

Martin Heaton Cooper, the vice president of commercial development for UK and Ireland and international advertising sales, EMEA, said: "I was really impressed by the approach, creativity and entrepreneurial spirit of Mean Broadcast.

"They have a fantastic track record and are the ideal partners to enable brands to reach our passionate TV audiences around the best of domestic and international sport."

Subscribe to Campaign from just £57 per quarter

Includes the weekly magazine and quarterly Campaign IQ, plus unrestricted online access.

SUBSCRIBE

Looking for a new job?

Get the latest creative jobs in advertising, media, marketing and digital delivered directly to your inbox each day.

Create an Alert Now
Share

1 Meet the new breed of ad agency chiefs

A new wave of first-time CEOs are opting to do things differently in an evolving landscape. They discuss the business model of the future with Jeremy Lee.

Case study: How 'This girl can' got 1.6 million women exercising
Shares0
Share

1 Case study: How 'This girl can' got 1.6 million women exercising

"This girl can" was based on a powerful insight: that the fear of judgement by others is the primary barrier holding women back from participating in sport.

Just published

More