Ingram Partnership acquires Butterfield8

The Ingram Partnership, the marketing and communications consultancy set up by Chris Ingram, the founder and former chairman of Tempus, has acquired the brand strategist Butterfield8.

Butterfield8 becomes the third company to be acquired by TIP - in August the company bought the strategic communications agency Unity and the branding agency The Gathering.

Leslie Butterfield, the founder of both Butterfield8 and the agency Partners BDDH, joins TIP this week and brings with him clients including Mercedes-Benz, The Co-operative Group, COI Communications and Sanctuary Connections.

These complement TIP's existing client list which includes Carphone Warehouse, Cadbury Schweppes, Bosch, Guardian Media Group, B&Q and Kraft all came on board following Ingram's earlier acquisitions.

"Building brands is at the heart of our offer, so to have a brand strategist of international repute will help to move us on strongly," Ingram said.

"A key benefit of Leslie's joining is that he is highly experienced in all three aspects of our service: communications strategy, brand strategy and business strategy."

Butterfield founded Butterfield8 in March 2001. Its ownership structure saw Butterfield take 75 per cent, with Partners BDDH holding the remaining 25 per cent. In August, the troubled communications group Havas merged Partners BDDH with Euro RSCG Wnek Gosper in a bid to strengthen Euro RSCG as a global network. This put an end to Arnold, the collective unit of agencies that housed Butterfield8, Partners BDDH, WCRS and EHS Brann.

Ingram launched TIP in August with £10 million of the proceeds of the £64 million he pocketed when he sold his Tempus communications group to WPP in 2001.

Topics

Become a member of Campaign from just £45 a quarter

Get the very latest news and insight from Campaign with unrestricted access to campaignlive.co.uk ,plus get exclusive discounts to Campaign events

Become a member

Looking for a new job?

Get the latest creative jobs in advertising, media, marketing and digital delivered directly to your inbox each day.

Create an Alert Now

Partner content

Share

1 Why creative people have lost their way

What better way to kick off the inaugural issue of Campaign's monthly print offering than with another think piece on the current failings of our industry, written by an embittered, pretentious creative who misses "the way things used to be"...

Share

1 Job description: Digital marketing executive

Digital marketing executives oversee the online marketing strategy for their organisation. They plan and execute digital (including email) marketing campaigns and design, maintain and supply content for the organisation's website(s).