Iris grabs Concise in £5 million deal

Iris, the integrated marketing agency, has acquired the management consultancy Concise for £5 million.

The deal will see the joint managing directors of Concise - Benjamin Chilcott, James George and Josh Thomson - receive a 70 per cent up front cash payment, with the remaining 30 per cent paid as shares in Iris.

Concise will continue to function under its original name, but will operate as part of the Iris group. The founders will retain their job titles, and will report to Ian Millner, the chief executive of Iris.

The acquisition is the first in Iris' nine-year history and marks a shift in the agency's offering towards a more integrated model addressing clients' broader business issues.

Millner said: "Concise gets to the heart of clients' business needs and our relationship with them allows us to develop a much deeper understanding of where we can add value."

Become a member of Campaign from just £46 a quarter

Get the very latest news and insight from Campaign with unrestricted access to campaignlive.co.uk plus get exclusive discounts to Campaign events

Looking for a new job?

Get the latest creative jobs in advertising, media, marketing and digital delivered directly to your inbox each day.

Create an Alert Now

Partner content

Share

1 Job description: Digital marketing executive

Digital marketing executives oversee the online marketing strategy for their organisation. They plan and execute digital (including email) marketing campaigns and design, maintain and supply content for the organisation's website(s).