WPP reports 4% rise in revenues to £2.4bn
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 27 April 2012 10:04AM
WPP has reported a 4% uplift in underlying revenues to £2.4bn in the first quarter, but the UK has been hit by slower growth from its direct and digital marketing operations, the company's financial figures reveal today (27 April).
The world's largest marketing service group said its advertising and media investment management unit, home to Ogilvy, JWT, MediaCom, performed strongly and grew 6.2% to £973m in the quarter.
WPP said new business wins totalled £1.159bn in the quarter, compared to £845m in the previous quarter.
Flagship media agency GroupM,the group investment management company which includes Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Maxuis and GroupM, generated new business of £629m in the period.
WPP said 28.5% of WPP’s revenues came from Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Across Western Europe, like-for-like revenues grew 2.5%
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Executive AF Selection £competitive, Warwickshire
- Account Director (Digital) Stonor £50,000 plus bens and bonus, London
- Group Marketing Executive Dick Lovett Group £25,000 - £29,999 + Car + Benefits (Subject to experience), Cribbs Causeway, Bristol
- Senior Account Manager, up to £42k MODA consult up to £42k + excellent benefits and bonuses, Central London
- Quant Director - Boutique Agency NG Digital Marketing Salary is DOE, Central London