WPP reports 4% rise in revenues to £2.4bn
By John Reynolds, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 27 April 2012 10:04AM
WPP has reported a 4% uplift in underlying revenues to £2.4bn in the first quarter, but the UK has been hit by slower growth from its direct and digital marketing operations, the company's financial figures reveal today (27 April).
The world's largest marketing service group said its advertising and media investment management unit, home to Ogilvy, JWT, MediaCom, performed strongly and grew 6.2% to £973m in the quarter.
WPP said new business wins totalled £1.159bn in the quarter, compared to £845m in the previous quarter.
Flagship media agency GroupM,the group investment management company which includes Mindshare, MEC, MediaCom, Maxuis and GroupM, generated new business of £629m in the period.
WPP said 28.5% of WPP’s revenues came from Asia Pacific, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, and Central and Eastern Europe.
Across Western Europe, like-for-like revenues grew 2.5%
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum,